Inspection of huge components requires a huge accurate Coordinate Measuring Machine. This is the unique domain of COORD3 as the global leader in the supply of these ‘monster’ Gantry style CMM machines. COORD3 offer full turnkey engineering services which include foundation design and construction, automated materials handling systems including rail carts and air pallet transfer systems.
Configured with dual measuring scales and dual drives on the longitudinal axis as standard the MCT PLUS Gantry CMM offers outstanding dynamic performance and exceptional metrological performance.
The MCT PLUS Gantry excels when inspecting large-scale components such as ship engines and transmissions, aeronautical structures, turbines and components for nuclear and thermal power plants and wind turbines. Inspection of large-scale parts are easy to perform with a true Gantry CMM due to its open access structure.
Wireless thermal compensation is standard allowing the CMM to measure with outstanding accuracy even in the harshest of production floor environments. COORD3 have supplied most of the largest Gantry style CMM machines ever produced and are installed in major corporations on every continent.
MCT-PLUS Gantry CMM models sizes available are: 30.20 | 30.25 | 35.20 | 35.25 > 50.30
The above ‘monster’ Gantry MCT PLUS Coordinate Measuring Machine was delivered in 2013 to a major OEM for use in the production of aircraft structural components. With a measuring volume of 20m x 4m x 1.5m the CMM is the longest supplied to date. COORD3 is one of the very few CMM manufacturers capable of manufacturing large Gantry style of CMM machines used for measuring large sophisticated parts to just a few microns. COORD3 Gantry CMM's are used extensively in the aerospace, automotive, tooling, and heavy engineering industries such as Railways and Power sectors.
COORD3 is the Gantry CMM platform supplier to Zeiss, Nikon Metrology and Accurate Gauging in India.
5 Axis Scanning for quick accurate large part inspection
A COORD3 Gantry CMM can be suppled with the Renishaw REVO 5 axis probing technology making the CMM the most productive available. REVO provides the ability to measure component features using ‘Head Touches’; the unique new CMM measuring technique that measures using only the motion of the probe head completely eliminating CMM motion during feature inspection with a dramatically improved CMM productivity and metrology performances.
The REVO can be used in Touch, 3 Axis Scan or full 5 Axis Scan modes.
- Features & Benefits
- Ultra rigid alloy CMM platform provides maximum stiffness for scanning applications
- Rapid thermal diffusion by CMM frame when environment conditions change
- FEA designed anti-deformation bridge beam provides optimum moment of inertia for minimum deflection when operating at high accelerations
- Monolythic base option available on smaller models
- Rigid air bearings to all axes with wide bearing spread ratios
- 0.1 micron resolution measuring scales incorporating dynamic signal processing providing ultra-low sub-divisional error of better than ±30 nm
- Full digital motion control with probe path blending for optimized CMM performance
- Zero hysterisis drives to all axes
- Unique Y axis beam mounting design offering stress free thermal stability
- Large cross-section and rigid Z axis column
- Open access to CMM measuring area from all sides
- Maximum Positioning Speed 530mm/sec
- Maximum Acceleration 800mm/sec²
NT Model Enhanced Features
- Silicon Carbide Z axis column enhancing further CMM stiffness
- 0.1 micron resolution measuring scales
- Dual drives on Y longitudinal axis
- Dynamic thermal compensation system including part sensor
- Model Sizes
COORD3 Gantry CMMs are available with the following measuring strokes:
- 20.30.15 | 20.40.15 | 20.50.15
- 25.30.15 | 25.40.15 | 25.50.15 | 25.60.15
- 25.40.18 | 25.50.18 | 25.60.18
- 25.40.20 | 25.50.20 | 25.60.20
- 30.60.20 | 30.70.20 | 30.80.20
- 30.60.25 | 30.70.25 | 30.80.25
- 35.60.25 | 35.70.25 | 35.80.25
Note: Additional Y lengths up to 20m available upon request. 5000mm X available by special order.
- Nominal Temperature 20 °C
- Allowable Temperature Range: 18 – 22 °C
- Temperature Gradient: 0.5° C/hour – 2° C/day – 0.5° C/meter
- Extended Temperature Range: 16 – 26 °C
- Operating Temperature Range: 15 – 35 °C
- Relative Humidity 40 – 80% (non condensating)
- Acceptable Vibrations: 30mm/ sec2 1-10Hz | 15mm/ sec2 10-20Hz | 50mm/ sec² 20-100Hz
- Minimum Air Supply 5 Bar (72PSI)
- Air Consumption 100Nl/min
- Power Supply Voltage 230v 50Hz or 110v 60Hz (+/- 2% single phase)
- Maximum Power Consumption 10A 1200W
- COORD3 CMM products are evaluated for accuracy using the ISO10360 standard.
- Thermal Compensation of Machine and Part
- Monolithic Base
- Bellows Covers to X & Y axes
- Air Drier
- Modular Part Fixturing Kits
- CMM Modular Enclosure
- Datasheet Download