Inspection of large components on a Coordinate Measuring Machine requires a blend of large volume measuring capability and high accuracy performance. With almost 40 years of experience in the design and construction of machines designed for such application COORD3 provides a wide range of Gantry style CMMs characterized by supreme mechanical design and structural stability that ensure long term accuracy performance. COORD3 is one of the very few CMM manufacturers world-wide capable of supplying high accuracy Gantry style CMM Machines.
The COORD3 MCT range of Gantry style CMM offers a range of medium to large measuring volumes and has been developed for measuring larger manufactured parts. Uniquely smaller model sizes of MCT Gantry CMM can be supplied with an integral Monolithic Base negating the requirement for a special foundation and ensuring that the machine can be relocated at some future point; an all too frequent request in a dynamic manufacturing company.
The MCT Gantry excels when inspecting large-scale components such as ship engines and transmissions, aeronautical structures, turbines and components for nuclear and thermal power plants and wind turbines. Inspection of large-scale parts are easy to perform with a true Gantry CMM due to its open access structure.
COORD3 have supplied most of the largest Gantry style CMM machines ever built. COORD3 Gantry CMM models can be supplied with up to a 5000mm Y axis, 3000mm Z axis and X axis up to 20,000mm. COORD3 is the OEM Gantry CMM platform supplier to both Zeiss and Nikon Metrology.
The MCT Gantry CMM is available in two performance levels – Standard and NT.
The NT model has a silicon carbide Z axis column increasing the overall stiffness of the measuring platform and providing an outstanding CMM system for high accuracy metrology applications utilizing the full range of Renishaw scanning technologies.
MCT Gantry CMM models sizes are available are: 20.10 | 20.15 | 25.15 | 25.18
When sizing up the competition…its all about TIME
A COORD3 Gantry CMM can be suppled with the Renishaw REVO 5 axis probing technology making the CMM the most productive available. REVO provides the ability to measure component features using ‘Head Touches’; the unique new CMM measuring technique that measures using only the motion of the probe head completely eliminating CMM motion during feature inspection with a dramatically improved CMM productivity and metrology performances.
The REVO can be used in Touch, 3 Axis Scan or full 5 Axis Scan modes.
CMM X Main Carriage
The distance between the Y axis guide-ways combined with wide air bearings spreads on the main carriage are designed to provide a ratio which is best in class ensuring that accuracies are preserved during high speed motion and heavy duty operations such as milling and scribing. The main carriage design combines high strength and maximum rigidity to eliminate X axis roll during machine motion.
The X axes utilizes rack and pinion drives providing maximum rigidity of motion and backlash free performance which are optimum requirements to ensure outstanding accuracy both during general inspection and continuous scanning applicatiions.
CMM Y Guide-way Beams
The longtitudinal beams are fabricated from stabilized ribbed steel for maximum stability and supported on a series of pillars. Guide-way beams can be joined together allowing the 'X' axis to be 12,000mm or even longer as the application demands. The support pillar mounts are so engineered to allow linear expansion of the beams without introducing structural stress, distortion or CMM accuracy degradation. Air bearings provide contrast providing enhanced rigidity and friction free motion on all axes.
CMM Carriage and Z Ram
The Z axis carriage is manufactured from cast aluminum reinforced with structural ribs providing excellent rigidity in a lightweight frame. The column, which travels inside the carriage and provides CMM Z motion, is supported by wide bearing spread air-bearings maintaining the highest accuracies throughout the range of available measuring strokes. The pneumatic counter-balance located inside the ram balances the weight of the ram and the mounted measuring probe or milling and scribing tools.
- Features & Benefits
- Ultra rigid alloy CMM platform provides maximum stiffness for scanning applications
- Rapid thermal diffusion by CMM frame when environment conditions change
- FEA designed anti-deformation bridge beam provides optimum moment of inertia for minimum deflection when operating at high accelerations
- Monolythic base option available on smaller models
- Rigid air bearings to all axes with wide bearing spread ratios
- 0.1 micron resolution measuring scales incorporating dynamic signal processing
- Full digital motion control with probe path blending for optimized CMM performance
- Zero hysterisis drives to all axes
- Unique Y axis beam mounting design offering stress free thermal stability
- Large cross-section and rigid Z axis column
- Open access to CMM measuring area from all sides
- Maximum Positioning Speed 500mm/sec
- Maximum Acceleration 1200mm/sec²
NT Model Enhanced Features
- Silicon Carbide Z axis column enhancing further CMM stiffness
- 0.1 micron resolution measuring scales
- Dual scales on longitudinal X axis
- Wireless dynamic thermal compensation system including part sensor
- Models & Sizes
COORD3 MCT Gantry CMMs are available
with the following measuring strokes:
- 30.20.10 | 40.20.10 | 50.20.10
- 30.20.15 | 40.20.15 | 50.20.15 | 60.20.15
- 30.20.15 | 40.25.15 | 50.25.15 | 60.25.15
- 40.25.18 | 50.25.18 | 60.25.18
Note: Additional X lengths up to 20m available upon request.
Coord3 can supply 5000mm Y Gantry CMM by special order.
- Nominal Temperature 20 °C
- Allowable Temperature Range: 18 – 22 °C
- Temperature Gradient: 0.5° C/hour – 2 °C/day – 0.5° C/meter
- Extended Temperature Range: 16 – 26 °C
- Operating Temperature Range: 15 – 35 °C
- Relative Humidity 40 – 80% (non condensating)
- Acceptable Vibrations: 30mm/ sec2 1-10Hz | 15mm/ sec2 10-20Hz | 50mm/ sec² 20-100Hz
- Minimum Air Supply 5.5 Bar (80PSI)
- Air Consumption 150Nl/min
- Power Supply Voltage 230v 50Hz or 110v 60Hz (+/- 2% single phase)
- Maximum Power Consumption 10A 1400W
- COORD3 CMM products are evaluated for accuracy using the ISO10360 standard.
- Thermal Compensation of Machine and Part
- Monolithic Base
- Bellows Covers to X & Y axes
- Air Drier
- Modular Part Fixturing Kits
- CMM Modular Enclosure
- Datasheet Download
Complete the fields below to download the PDF Datasheet.