The economical COORD3 ARES series of small and medium measuring volume bridge DCC air bearing bridge configuration CMMs offer high performance measuring platforms providing the ultimate in stable metrology performance. A COORD3 ARES CMM can be equipped with Renishaw touch or scanning probes and are suitable for all applicable manufacturing measuring applications. Available with a CMM bridge widths of 500mm, 700mm and 900mm, the ARES Bridge range offers a series of CMM model sizes to accommodate your specific measurement requirement.
The ARES Bridge CMM is available in two performance levels – Standard L and NT High Performance models.
The ARES NT model has a silicon carbide Z axis column increasing the overall stiffness of the measuring platform and providing an outstanding CMM system for high accuracy metrology applications utilizing the full range of Renishaw scanning technologies.
ARES machines can be equipped with the Renishaw PH20 infinite positioning probe head offering the unique ‘head touches’ measuring function providing a triple increase in CMM measuring productivity. For budget applications requiring an automated probe head index the ingenious Renishaw RTP Probe Head provides automated probe index by utilizing the CMM’s own motion.
The ARES CMM offers a lower overall height compared to most other CMM brands. A low profile support stand is also available reducing the overall ARES CMM height by a further 100mm for reduced ceiling height inspection laboratory installation.
CMM Volumetric Accuracy from 1.8 + L/333
500mm x 500mm x 500mm | 700mm x 500mm x 500mm
700mm x 650mm x 500mm | 1000mm x 650mm x 500mm | 1200mm x 650mm x 500mm
700mm x 650mm x 650mm | 1000mm x 650mm x 650mm | 1200mm x 650mm x 650mm
1300mm x 880mm x 650mm | 1600 x 880mm x 650mm | 1900mm x 880mm x 650mm
Metrology Power with Simplicity
The ARES CMM comes equipped with TouchDMIS the game changing metrology software for CMM usability, offering the world's first all TOUCH CMM software and with full CAD capability. TouchDMIS requires just a few hours of training and an incredibility short learning curve. TouchDMIS takes the expert out of CMM measuring and programming.
- features & Benefits
- Ultra rigid alloy CMM platform provides maximum stiffness for scanning applications
- Rapid thermal diffusion by CMM frame when environment conditions change
- FEA designed bridge beam extrusion provides optimum moment of inertia for minimum deflection when operating at high accelerations
- One piece granite base plate with integral Y dovetail guideway improves repeatability and accuracy (ARES)
- M8 threaded table inserts in generous grid pattern
- Rigid air bearings to all axes with wide bearing spread ratios
- Pneumatic Z axis counter balance
- Free Floating 0.1 micron resolution measuring scales incorporating dynamic signal processing providing ultra-low sub-divisional error
- Full digital motion control with probe path blending for optimized CMM performance
- Zero hysteresis friction drives to all axes
- Passive vibration damping system isolates external vibrations
- Open access to CMM measuring area from all sides
- Maximum Positioning Speed 517mm/sec
- Maximum Acceleration 1730mm/sec²
ARES NT Model Enhanced Features
- Silicon Carbide Z axis column enhancing further CMM stiffness
- 0.1 micron resolution optional Renishaw TONiC measuring scales
- Dynamic wireless thermal compensation system including part sensor
- Model Sizes
COORD3 ARES Small Bridge CMMs are available
with the following measuring strokes:
- 5.5.5 / 7.5.5
- 7.7.5 / 10.7.5 / 12.7.5
- 7.7.7 / 10.7.7 / 12.7.7
- 13.9.7 / 16.9.7 / 19.9.7
- Nominal Temperature 20 °C
- Allowable Temperature Range: 18 – 22 °C (Extended Range 16 – 26 °C)
- Temperature Gradient: 0.5° C/hour – 2° C/day – 0.5° C/meter (Extended Range 5° C/day – 1.0° C/meter)
- Operating Temperature Range: 15 – 35 °C
- Relative Humidity 40 – 80% (non condensing)
- Acceptable Vibrations: 30mm/ sec2 1-10Hz | 15mm/ sec2 10-20Hz | 50mm/ sec2 20-100Hz
- Minimum Air Supply 5 Bar -72PSI
- Air Consumption 100Nl/min
- Power Supply Voltage 230v 50Hz or 110v 60Hz (+/- 2% single phase)
- Maximum Power Consumption 10A 1200W (1600W on larger models)
- All COORD3 CMM products are evaluated for accuracy using the ISO10360 standard.
- Dynamic Wireless Thermal Compensation of Machine and Part (Standard on ARES NT Model)
- Pneumatic Vibration Isolation System
- Air Drier
- Modular Part Fixturing Kits
- CMM Modular Enclosure
The video below show a demonstration of the Renishaw PH20 on a COORD3 ARES CMM.
- Brochure Download