The COORD3 KRONOS large measuring volume bridge DCC air bearing bridge configuration CMM offer advanced measuring platforms with integral dovetail Y axis machined directly into the granite plate providing the ultimate in stable metrology performance. A COORD3 KRONOS CMM can be equipped with Renishaw touch or scanning probes and are suitable for all applicable manufacturing measuring applications. Available in CMM bridge widths of 1500 and 2000mm the KRONOS bridge range offers a comprehensive series of large CMM models sizes to accommodate your specific measurement requirement.
The KRONOS Bridge CMM is available in two performance levels – Standard and NT High Performance models.
The NT model has a silicon carbide Z axis column increasing the overall stiffness of the measuring platform and providing an outstanding CMM system for high accuracy metrology applications utilizing the full range of Renishaw scanning technologies.
Uniquely KRONOS Bridge CMMs are available with a 2000mm X axis and up to 8000mm in length making them ideal for the inspection of large parts including high accuracy aerospace components where the use of a Gantry CMM is not practicable due to its foundation requirements. Unlike competitors large measuring volume systems a large KRONOS CMM retains its open access for part loading, are supplied with one piece granite table and have a measuring accuracy of just 3.5 micron.
- Features & Benefits
- Ultra rigid alloy CMM platform provides maximum stiffness for scanning applications
- Rapid thermal diffusion by CMM frame when environment conditions change
- FEA designed bridge beam extrusion provides optimum moment of inertia for minimum deflection when operating at high accelerations
- One piece granite base plate with integral Y dovetail guide-way improves repeatability and accuracy
- M8 threaded table inserts in generous grid pattern
- Rigid air bearings to all axes with wide bearing spread ratios
- Pneumatic Z axis counter balance
- Free Floating 0.1 micron resolution measuring scales incorporating dynamic signal processing
- Full digital motion control with probe path blending for optimized CMM performance
- Zero hysteresis friction drives to all axes
- Passive vibration damping system isolates external vibrations
- Open access to CMM measuring area from all sides
- Maximum Positioning Speed 700mm/sec
- Maximum Acceleration 950mm/sec2
- Available in length up to 10,000mm for aerospace applications
COORD3 NT Model Enhanced Features
- Silicon Carbide Z axis column enhancing further CMM stiffness
- Free Floating 0.1 micron resolution measuring scales
- Dynamic wireless thermal compensation system including part sensor
- Model & Sizes
COORD3 Kronos Large Bridge CMMs are available with the following measuring strokes:
- 20.15.15 / 25.15.15 / 30.15.15
- 33.20.15 / 40.20.15 / 50.20.15
Note: Longer X table lengths available upon special request including 5000mm, 6000mm, 8000mm and 10000mm
- Nominal Temperature 20 °C
- Allowable Temperature Range: 18 – 22 °C (Extended Range 16 – 26 °C)
- Temperature Gradient: 0.5° C/hour – 2° C/day – 0.5° C/meter (Extended Range 5° C/day – 1.0° C/meter)
- Operating Temperature Range: 15 – 35 °C
- Relative Humidity 40 – 80% (non condensing)
- Acceptable Vibrations: 30mm/ sec2 1-10Hz | 15mm/ sec2 10-20Hz | 50mm/ sec² 20-100Hz
- Minimum Air Supply 6 Bar – 87PSI
- Air Consumption 160Nl/min
- Power Supply Voltage 230v 50Hz or 110v 60Hz (+/- 2% single phase)
- Maximum Power Consumption 10A 1200W (1600W on larger models)
- All COORD3 CMM products are evaluated for accuracy using the ISO10360 standard.
- Dynamic Thermal Compensation of Machine and Part (Standard on NT Model)
- Pneumatic Vibration Isolation System
- Air Drier
- Modular Part Fixturing Kits
- CMM Modular Enclosure
- Datasheet Download
KRONOS Standard Model Technical Data Sheet Datasheet.