COORD3 offer its manual ARES CMM for application where customers require measurement capability on small and medium size parts.
The ARES is a cost-effective manual coordinate measuring machine with 3 model sizes covering the majority of applications for manual inspection. Typical applications include production and prototype parts, fixtures, and tooling.
Manufactured in Italy at the COORD3 advanced CMM manufacturing facility, ARES offers high accuracy and good productivity due to its ergonomic layout. ARES’ individual axis locks and axis fine adjustment for each individual axis with hand-wheels allow fine adjustment for intricate measurement tasks.
For applications requiring an probe head index, the Renishaw MH20 or MH20i Probe Head are available.
CNC Upgrade Kit
The manual ARES can be upgraded to full CNC in the field at a later date offering a two-phase investment in CMM technology. Since the manual ARES is based on the CNC model, it offers a no-compromise CNC machine when upgraded in the field.
500mm x 400mm x 440mm
600mm x 500mm x 440mm
700mm x 700mm x 500mm
1000mm x 700mm x 500mm
1200mm x 700mm x 500mm
Metrology Power with Simplicity
The ARES CMM comes equipped with TouchDMIS – the game changing metrology software for CMM usability. TouchDMIS offers the world's first all TOUCH CMM software and includes full CAD capability. TouchDMIS requires just a few hours of training and an incredibility short learning curve. TouchDMIS takes the expert out of CMM measuring and programming.
The COORD3 ARES series of small and medium measuring volume bridge manual & DCC air bearing CMMs offer high performance measuring platforms for general purpose metrology applications. The high accuracy NT version features a Silicon carbide Z axis column increasing the overall stiffness of the measuring platform and providing an outstanding CMM system for high accuracy metrology applications utilizing the full range of Renishaw scanning technologies. Available in CMM bridge widths of 500mm, 700mm and 850mm the ARES is the ideal job shop CMM.
The following ARES CMM cross-section sizes are available:
5.5 | 7.5 | 7.7
Accuracy from 1.8 + L/333
- CMM Features
- Ultra rigid alloy CMM frame provides maximum stiffness for scanning applications
- Rapid thermal diffusion by structure when environment conditions change
- FEA designed bridge beam extrusion provides optimum moment of inertia for minimum deflection at high accelerations
- One piece granite base plate with integral Y dovetail guideway improves repeatability and accuracy
- M8 threaded table inserts in generous grid pattern
- Rigid air bearings to all axes with wide bearing spread ratios
- Pneumatic Z axis counter balance
- Free Floating 0.1 micron resolution measuring scales incorporating dynamic signal processing
- Full digital motion control with probe path blending for optimized CMM performance
- Zero hysteresis friction drives to all axes
- Passive vibration damping system isolates external vibrations
- Open access to CMM measuring area from all sides
- Maximum Positioning Speed 517mm/sec
- Maximum Acceleration 1730mm/sec2
ARES NT Model Enhanced Features
- Silicon Carbide Z axis column enhancing further CMM stiffness
- 0.1 micron resolution optional Renishaw TONiC measuring scales
- Dynamic wireless thermal compensation system including part sensor
- Model Sizes
COORD3 ARES Small Bridge CMMs are available with the following measuring strokes (X.Y.Z mm):
- 5.5 | 7.5
- 7.7 | 9.7
- Nominal Temperature 20 °C
- Allowable Temperature Range: 18 – 22 °C (Extended 16 – 26 °C)
- Temperature Gradient: 0.5° C/hour – 2° C/day – 0.5° C/meter (Extended Range 5° C/day – 1.0° C/meter)
- Operating Temperature Range: 15 – 35 °C
- Relative Humidity 40 – 80% (non condensing)
- Acceptable Vibrations: 30mm/ sec2 1-10Hz | 15mm/ sec2 10-20Hz | 50mm/ sec2 20-100Hz
- Minimum Air Supply 5 Bar -72PSI
- Air Consumption 100Nl/min
- Power Supply Voltage 230v 50Hz or 110v 60Hz (+/- 2% single phase)
- Maximum Power Consumption 10A 1200W (1600W on larger models)
- All COORD3 CMM products are evaluated for accuracy using the ISO10360 standard.
- Laser Scanning Sensor
- Dynamic Wireless Thermal Compensation of Machine and Part (Standard on ARES NT Model)
- Pneumatic Vibration Isolation System
- Air Drier
- Modular Part Fixturing Kits
- CMM Modular Enclosure
- For more information about COORD3 ARES CMM, download our brochure below.